Sunday 9 October 2011

Week 5 @ the good old CIT :p

Monday
First lesson was Web Dev with Ingo Stengel at 2pm we were making our CIT timetables in HTML using the table tags. Was quite interesting. Now in Network Fundamentals doing... you guessed it networking lol

Tuesday

Today in CIT we discussed whether the topic assigned to us was to be changed or kept. We decided to keep "Digital Pollution" as our topic. Final lesson was Problem Solving, we learned IF statements in JAVA still giving me a headache as usual but I did better this time around.

Wednesday

Was a fire-drill today while in my Hardware Lesson how fun lol joking around as had to leave our bags inside. Next lesson was Web Fmtls learning about Maps and Area that can be coded in a webpage. In CIT we were informed of what the deadlines were for work. I was the only team member to turn up so may be down to me to complete the work with what ever Finnish contact I find. Networking was the final lecture of the day.

Thursday

First lesson was Computer Hardware with Pierce Brady an enthusiastic lecturer who has board pens that have run out so difficult to see anything written on the board. Then it was Network Fundamentals and Denis Polley was quite annoyed (first time I have seen him like that) because everyone including me had forgotten all that he had told us about IP addressing.
In Trends in computer technology I handed in my Nitrosell essay though I feel I had not done enough on it. We then got given instructions on the next essay to do. The final lessons were Problem Solving and Programming and these always give me a headache as I always feel im falling behind (I really need to pick this up fast if I'm to survive at the CIT). We did our group project on a programming challenge to do with generating a password using a persons first name and a calculation of numbers using their date of birth. Didn't get back home till like 7pm.

Friday

Got up this morning feeling totally wrecked as all week been going to bed around 12-1am not good if getting up at 7am nearly every morning. Get into my first lecture 30 mins late luckily the lecturer Ingo didnt shun me too much more like joking to be about having to wrestle with my clock (Obviously the clock won that round). Went to my CIT class with Collin he gave us sheets of paper with a 24 hour circle for us to fill in what we fill a typical 24hour day. It was quite interesting to see how little time I really have in my day (no wonder im so tired when Friday comes along) We then were each given a picture which we were not allowed to show but we could discribe it and the point of the exercise I figured was communication and teamwork to figure out which order we should go in according to the picture we had. One of the funniest things to have happened in that class and was so much fun. The deadline for the CIT Job blog investigation had been pushed to Monday.

No comments: