Monday 28 November 2011

Week 12 The final curtain

Recap on the weekend: Went to Kerry to see mum and my brother. Also helped some friends finish their music CD off.

Monday


Went in early this morning to catch up on some work in  the Library. My next lecture is not until 4pm today as Web Fundamentals module has finished. The network wireshark test went surprisingly well finished it in 15 mins so worked on my Java project while there was still time.

Tuesday


Something was up with Colin this morning he wasn't his critical self. He kept his back to us the whole lecture. I had our groups QR game ready to show but he didn't come round to check up on us like he usually does.
Handed in my hardware project to Pierce and basically went home after running a few errands at the college.
Later went shopping with Jon my friend was a fun day out.

Wednesday

Went in at 2pm that day as most of the modules have wrapped up for the semester. In CIT Colin took in the QR game (even though it was mostly me that made the game I said it was a group effort) Left early and went to the canteen to work on a Java exam example before going to Networking to perform the cable test which was relatively easy but im sure a few of them cables had a trick on them.

Thursday


My bus pass had expired as it only lasts until the month is up. Luckily my friend Lynn picked me up to take me in for 2pm. Got to Trends to hand in my essay and to do the group presentation on RFID, The presentation went well I thought using Google Presentation to show everything. Members of my group were Glenn, Doug, and Maire. Vincent asked us questions of what we had just talked about. At 3pm was our 2 hour exam of Java coding which was 50% of the total module. It involved creating a program to order books but it was in 4 stages of programming the solution. Task 1 was to make the basic program to read in user input and display the cost at the end Task 2 to have a discount code for free delivery. Task 3 was to add validation to stop the user inputting the wrong things (such as characters instead of numbers) Task 4 was to add the ability to do multiple people ordering books. I didn't manage to get task 4 implemented but got Task 1,2 and most of 3 working. Overall I am confident I did well.

Friday


Today was the day of the QR game in the student hall at the CIT. All the CIT classes that Colin Manning had taken were involved with their QR games laid out for everyone to test. One flaw in this was not many of the students had a smartphone to read QR codes so most of us just asked the people running the game to just say what they were. The idea of this game may have worked if it was implemented a few years down the line.  

No comments: